This is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. I actually have it framed and hung on the wall of my office. It serves as a constant and humorous reminder of what is possible and what can be accomplished if you just keep focused, apply yourself, and more importantly believe. Believe in your potential and believe what is possible.
Potential is something that each and every one of us has and have had since the day we were born. We’ve all heard it said in one form of another, “little Jimmy sure has great potential”. Then of course there is this one, “he has such great potential, but he really needs to apply himself”. But as the cartoon implies, there is a burden that comes with potential because potential, after all, is a possibility, not a guarantee.
We all know deep down that we have the potential. The potential to accomplish whatever it is that you were truly meant to accomplish. The question is, are you going to live up to your potential? Are you prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to really reach your potential?
While many of us are happy in life and do accomplish to some extent what we set out to do, there aren’t many that actually push themselves that little bit further and go on to develop their full potential. Imagine what you could do if only you had the courage and belief in yourself to go for it.
I have come to realize that you can nurture and develop your true and full potential IF:
– You work hard – put your all into everything you do when working towards what you want in life.
– You have patience – things don’t happen overnight so have patience and you will be rewarded.
– You are committed and determined– be committed towards your goals and what you want to achieve. Stick to your guns and never give in when things don’t go your way. Stay the course and don’t let anything or anyone stand in your way of reaching your goals.
– You are willing to learn from mistakes – News flash, you will make mistakes along the way, but you can learn valuable lessons from your mistakes. Seize the opportunity to learn, grow, and continue to move forward.
– You have confidence in yourself – you have to be self-confident and believe in yourself and your ideas. There is no room for doubt if you are to achieve your full potential.
When you are trying to live up to your potential remember there are lots of choices, lots of chances, and lots of paths. Just remember potential is not an endpoint; it’s a capacity to grow and learn.
So are you living up to your potential? Are you willing to push yourself to make it a reality?
Please feel free to share your thoughts.
Leave a Reply